I receive compensation if you click on the advertisements on this blog. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my ads!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Looking for an image? Click here

Generated image
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 7 of Holiday inspiration - Subway Art



I have never made anything like this before! One thing our family LOVES to do in December is to watch our favourite holiday movies together. I wanted to create a decor item with our favourite holiday movie quotes.


I started out with a 16inch by 16inch canvas. I painted it cherry red just using the kids' acrylics.

With my Gypsy, I worked out the lettering. I just used random fonts. It didn't take very long to figure out this many quotes. (I googled the movie titles and then "quotes") I could have even added more!

Once my paint was dry, and my words were cut out, I mod podged them on.

The final step was one last coat of mod podge over the entire canvas.

Making this canvas, I did learn that I should have maybe used a t-square or laser level to place the words. They all looked straight at the time...

Can you guess our favourite Christmas movies?? Can you figure out a few of them??

Be sure to join me back tomorrow for Day 8 of holiday inspiration.

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome!!!! what a great idea to preserve family memories. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Subway art! This is a great idea :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete