I receive compensation if you click on the advertisements on this blog. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my ads!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Looking for an image? Click here

Generated image
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Cricut in 2020


It's been tough this year trying to be creative. Though, I have enjoyed many virtual crops, classes and challenges. Thank you to everyone who has hosted and participated in this type of event! They have been inspiring.

I would never have imagined a year ago, that I would use my Cricut to decorate for my daughter's drive thru graduation or to decorate the outside of my neighbours' windows to mark their quarantine birthdays. I'm grateful that I can easily do projects like this in 2020.

I have also spent much time this fall, using my Cricut to label all types of social distancing measures in schools. I have cut hundreds of vinyl floor arrows, hundreds of cohort identifiers, thousands of paper tangrams and thousands of vinyl chair place markers. My Cricut has been so busy that I borrowed one from a friend and had two going at once. (To do this, you need separate devices with design space running.) I guess what I may have lacked in creativity, I made up for in health and safety of students and school staff. I typically cut large quantities of diecuts on my machine but not like this fall. My Cricut Explore (first edition) owes me nothing and I will eventually upgrade to a Maker.

It has been a strange nine months.

Stay home, stay safe and craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment