I receive compensation if you click on the advertisements on this blog. Thank you for stopping by and visiting my ads!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Looking for an image? Click here

Generated image
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Linking up to Cricut Craft Room


I guess I had procrastinated linking my Gypsy to the Cricut Craft Room. I was worried that something would happen to my Gypsy, my linked cartridges or my project files. I have spent much time creating logos and other projects on my Gypsy and I was worried they could be deleted.

How to link your Gypsy to the Cricut Craft Room

Did it all go smoothly? No, my Gypsy would not work and had the blue screen. *ack* I then referred to this

Why do I get a Security Breach Error when updating my Gypsy?



I followed all of these steps and they worked! I turned on my now working Gypsy, my cartridges were there but NONE of my project files remained. *ack* If you read the last line of the steps it says your files will be deleted.

Here is how I retrieved mine. I turned everything off and then started from the beginning. I began an update on my Gypsy. One of the options for the update is "project files". This opened up the folder with all of my projects. I manually clicked on all the files I wanted to put back on my Gypsy. The files were saved on my computer when I initially linked to the Cricut Craft Room. Once I was done, I "checked for updates" again and they all were copied onto my Gypsy.

Whew!

I hope this post helps someone else who may be having trouble with this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment